Boosting Railway Digitalisation Thanks to EU Research and Innovation
Organised by UNIFE, as part of "The European Year of Rail" campaign, this online event will explore the supply industry’s contribution to railway digitalisation and how close cooperation with the European Union has been essential to its success. With a slate of high-level EU officials and private sector leaders with extensive experience with the research initiatives, this online event aims to discuss how rail can best leverage emerging technologies to become the backbone of tomorrow’s sustainable mobility paradigm.
Participants will have the opportunity to hear interventions from experts such as:
- Rosalinde van der Vlies – Directorate-General for Research and Innovation, Director - Clean Planet (TBC)
- Maria da Graça Carvalho - Member of the European Parliament’s Industry (ITRE) Committee (TBC)
- Carlo Borghini - Shift2Rail Joint Undertaking Executive Director (confirmed)
- Alberto Parrondo - Chair of the European Rail Research Advisory Council (ERRAC) and Vice-President Strategy Ground Transportation Systems at Thales (confirmed)
- Philippe Citroën - UNIFE Director General (confirmed)
The discussion will be moderated by Kevin Smith, Editor-in-Chief, International Railway Journal.
Make sure to register now by filling in the form below. After filling in the registration form, you will receive an automatic confirmation email with the joining link. In case you are unable to locate the confirmation email, please check your junk mail.
In case you experience technical difficulties filling in the form below, please click here to register on an external website.
The event will be held via the Microsoft Teams Live Events platform. This application does not require you to download any additional software prior to joining.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Andrei Ciufu, UNIFE Head of Communications.