ERTMS, a key enabler for the digital and sustainable rail transition
UNIFE held an online event, “ERTMS, a key enabler for the digital and sustainable rail transition” on 30 September between 10.00-11.30 (CEST).
As part of the European Year of Rail initiative, this timely conversation explored the status of ERTMS deployment and existing funding opportunities. High level representatives from the European institutions were invited to share suitable EU policy directions for this key technology and its development in relation to the future Europe’s Rail Joint Undertaking and its System Pillar.
The event featured prominent speakers:
- Matthias Ruete, European Coordinator for ERTMS – European Commission
- Fabio Senesi, Head of ERTMS National Program RFI
- Izaskun Bilbao Barandica, Member of the European Parliament, Renew Europe, Rapporteur of EP Report on ERTMS
- Carlo Borghini, Executive Director of the Shift2Rail Joint Undertaking and future Europe’s Rail Joint Undertaking (ERJU)
- Klaus Mindel, UNISIG General Manager, UNIFE
The discussion was moderated by Chris Jackson, Editor-in-Chief of Railway Gazette.