Getting on Track: Rail & Energy Efficient Solutions for the EU Green Deal
UNIFE organised an online event "Getting On Track: Rail & Energy Efficient Solutions for the EU Green Deal", that took place on 25th February between 10.00-11.30 (CET).
Organised by UNIFE, in the framework of the ‘’The European Year of Rail’’ campaign, this online event discussed the interactions between energy and transport as central pillars of Green Deal’s climate neutrality ambition. It also explored how rail – through continuous improvements in energy efficiency – can play a pivotal role in decarbonising the mobility sector.
The event on 25 February featured prominent speakers from across our industry, the European Commission and partner associations:
- Jakop Dalunde, Member of the European Parliament, TRAN Committee (Transport and Tourism)
- Andreas Unterstaller, Transport & Environment Expert, European Environmental Agency
- Richard French, Shift2Rail Programme Management and Cross-Cutting Activities Coordinator, Alstom
- Isabelle Vandoorne, Acting Head of Unit for Sustainable and Intelligent Transport, DG MOVE, European Commission
- Closing remarks by Philippe Citroën, Director General of UNIFE
The discussion was moderated by Kevin Smith, Editor-in-chief of International Railway Journal.