How to boost rail investments with the support of the MFF and the recovery & resilience facility?
UNIFE’s European Year of Rail thematic events kicked off with an online event "How to boost rail investments with the support of the MFF and the recovery & resilience facility?", that took place on 28th January between 10.00-11.30 (CET).
With a panel composed of representatives from the European Parliament, the European Commission, the Portuguese Presidency, the Community of European Railways (CER) and Siemens Mobility, the discussion took stock of different opportunities available to articulate rail investments across the new EU funding architecture. These explored possibilities included relevant investment priorities such as ERTMS, zero-emissions rolling stock and completion of the TEN-T network. The panel also highlighted the positive contribution that rail can make to achieve the EU objectives enshrined in the Green Deal and the ambitious way forward established in the recently released Smart & Sustainable Mobility Strategy.
The event on featured:
- MEP Dominique Riquet, Co-Chair of the European Parliament’s Intergroup on Sustainable & Long-term Investments
- Herald Ruijters, Director for Investment, Innovative and Sustainable Transport, DG MOVE
- Peter Berkowitz, Head of Unit, Smart and Sustainable Growth, DG REGIO
- Frederico Francisco, Advisor to the Minister for Infrastructure and Housing, Portuguese Ministry of Infrastructure and Housing
- Matteo Mussini, Senior Advisor, Strategy and Process Management CER
- Mark-Robert Sontag, Executive Director Mobility Finance at Siemens Mobility GmbH
- Philippe Citroën, Director General of UNIFE