Promoting quality in rail – IRIS Certification improves sector’s attractiveness and competitiveness
UNIFE held an online event, “Promoting quality in rail – IRIS Certification improves sector’s attractiveness and competitiveness” that took place on Tuesday, 31 August between 10.00-11.30 (CEST).
As part of the European Year of Rail initiative, this online event focused on the importance of quality for the European rail industry and explored how it is helping them thrive despite increased international competition, achieve higher business performance and increase efficiency, resilience and attractiveness. The event discussed the best practices and tools for achieving higher quality objectives by introducing the IRIS Certification scheme as a tailor-made tool for the evaluation of rail sector companies and foster a unique global rail quality consortium: the International Rail Quality Board (IRQB).
The event featured:
- Stefan Siegler, IRQB Chairman and Vice President Quality and Business Excellence at Siemens Mobility
- Thierry Haimet, Chairman of IRIS Steering Committee, Vice-President Quality at Alstom
- Bernard Kaufmann, IRIS General Manager
- Ursula Tacke, IRIS Master Witness Auditor
- Maria Romero, IRIS Manager
- Philippe Citroën, UNIFE Director General